Outstanding Employee
Outstanding Employee

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report a crime?
If you live in Upper Darby Township, dial 911 and an Upper Darby Police Officer will come to your residence.  If you prefer to come to the police station you may do that, as well.  Our address is 7236 West Chester Pike, Upper Darby, PA 19082.  Phone number: 610-734-7693.
How do I obtain a police report?
To obtain a police report you may come to the Records Office of Upper Darby Police Station located at 7236 West Chester Pike, Upper Darby, PA 19082 or click on the following link:

Incident and accident reports cost $15.00. Only check or money orders are accepted. Mulitple incident requests may take longer to process.

How do I become a member of the Upper Darby Police Department?
Examinations for the position of Police Officer are administered every two to three years by the Upper Darby Civil Service Commission.  There is no education or residency requirement to apply.  Notifications of testing are advertised in the local media.
Can I report suspicious behavior anonymously?
While the police department encourages witnesses to identify themselves in order to fight crime effectively, there are methods to remain anonymous.  If you decide to call 911, inform the operator that you wish to remain anonymous.  The dispatcher will honor your request.  You may also anonymously reports crimes not in progress by sending an email to passcrimetips@udpd.org  or drugtips@udpd.org.

Is there a curfew in Upper Darby Township?
Yes, curfews are enforced from Sunday to Thursday starting at 10:30 PM.  On Friday and Saturday the curfew is extended to 12:00 AM (midnight).

I am a victim of domestic abuse.  How do I receive help?
In an emergency, dial 911and speak to a police officer about your situation. The Upper Darby Police Department is committed to assisting victims of domestic abuse. You may also contact Theresa Burke, she is our on site victims advocate, she can be reached at 610-734-7669 or by email: tburke@udpd.org. As a victim of domestic violence, you may qualify to file a petition with the court requesting a Protection Order pursuant to the “Protection From Abuse Act”.  You may also have additional rights or see if immediate shelter is available.  Contact the Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County on their 24 hour hotline at 610-565-4590.